Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Short Notes

You may remember recently I wrote an entry entitled Hollywood Meets God's Country. The story was about the movie Deliverance being made in my hometown.



On Monday evening, I was thrilled to meet one of the actors from the movie, none other than Mr. Burt Reynolds.



Mr. Reynolds was the guest speaker at the Lake Park Historical Society monthly meeting. He was raised in our town and went to school here, his very first acting performance took place on the stage of our "Mirror Ballroom" where the meeting took place.



You could tell that Mr. Reynolds was deeply touched to be back in the room that gave him his start.



During his talk, Mr. Reynolds regaled us all with stories of his time in the area during his youth. It was a beautiful evening and he was one of the most gentle, kind men I have ever met.


When it came time for question and answers I introduced myself and told him where I was from. Mr. Reynolds got a sly smile on his face and talked for several minutes about the filming of Deliverance and how that movie changed his life.


After the presentation I went up to thank Mr. Reynolds for coming and I was delighted to share stories with him about God's Country and the people we both know there. Meeting Burt Reynolds was a dream come true and he was even more than I ever imagined!


1 comment:

  1. Kendall:

    Nice little blog indeed... You've inspired me to write one of my own. Excellent picture of you and the man! (It may just be me, but I think I see some sparks there). Also, I wasn't able to post a comment on your previous entry "God's Country" (in large part because I'm a dumb ass and couldn't figure it out), but well sone as well...you've got a nice style! (this is Jorge by the way)

    ReplyDelete