Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Recipe from My Southern Kitchen.... HOT, Healthy Wings

This afternoon I was craving hot wings. I didn't feel like going out for dinner, so I decided to make them myself.

I have never made hot wings before, so the whole thing was an experiment. An experiment that turned out AWESOME!

Not having a story to share today, I decided to share with you a recipe from My Southern Kitchen.

With thanks to The Neely's from Food Network, I took a recipe of Pat's and modified it to my taste.

I hope you enjoy my version of HOT, Healthy Wings!

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
2 Teaspoons of Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons of Poultry Seasoning
2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce

12 Chicken Drumettes

Prep:

In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients and hot sauce. Stir until you have created a rub.

Place the drumettes in a Tupperware container and spread the rub over. Work the rub onto the chicken and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Cooking:

After the chicken has marinated for one hour, place it in a baking dish allowing the chicken pieces to touch. Pour the remaining rub over the chicken, cover with foil and place in the oven.

Let the chicken bake ate 350 for 35 minutes.

At the end of 35 minutes, remove the foil and turn the oven to 425. Allow the chicken to bake at 425 for an additional 15 minutes.

Serve:

After the chicken was cooked, I served with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce.

In addition to the wings, I had an ear of steamed white corn on the cob. (Or as we call it in our family, sweet corn.)

Rounding out the meal was Publix Diet Sweet Tea. An ingenious invention of Publix pre-brewed tea made with Splenda, almost as good as mama used to make......almost!

This was a simple filling meal, but remember it is HOT, so if you can't handle the heat, you may want to pull back on the ingredients.

I hope you enjoy, this recipe from My Southern Kitchen!

P.S.... see those "ads" over on the right side of the page? Click on em, there is some good stuff there, lots of times with discounts and when you click, I get a little something in return from the companies represented!

Thanks and have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment