Friday, February 12, 2010

My Valentine

I first met my Valentine on April 28, 1964.  From that day until today she has held my heart.

From the first day I met her, my Valentine has loved me without question.  She comforts me when I am sad, she celebrates my successes and provides guidance through every step of my life.

As a child she kissed my bumps and bruises, as an adult she kisses my heart.

Through almost 46 years of life, I have never doubted my Valentine's love, not for one day, not for one moment.

I cherish every memory with my Valentine.  She talks to me about the things that matter, she talks to me about the journey of life and she talks to me about nothing of importance..... we just talk.

My Valentine warms my heart through memories, through her actions, through her being.

Growing up I revered her, today I honor her.  She is my friend, my confidant and my Valentine.

She is my mother...... Happy Valentine's Day Mama!  I love and appreciate you more than you will ever know.

2 comments: